Thursday, April 4, 2013

Creamy Tomato Soup [VEGAN]

My friends inspired me to do a 4 day liquid diet cleanse recently. I'm bad about getting around to these things on my own because, well...they suck. I was browsing the soup aisle to see if there was anything vegan I could eat that didn't include any starchy veggies, yada, yada. There was NONE. So I read the ingredients of my favorite tomato bisque and decided to give it a shot. And what do you know? This soup was the 
BEST THING I'D EVER TASTED 
 IN MY LIFE!!!  
It tasted like cheese. Like sweet, sweet parmesan and asiago cheese. I had to be sure it wasn't just hunger hijacking my taste buds so I made it again and yup, still awesome. Hope you guys enjoy. 


Ingredients
1 Avacado
4 Tomatoes (heirloom are best)
1/2 Of an onion
3 Cloves garlic
1 Tbsp or more of fresh oregano (you can use dehydrated but it just isn't the same)
 Salt/pepper to taste

It's so easy
1.  Scoop the seeds out of the tomatoes and chop into chunks a size that won't anger the blender gods
2.  Cut up your onion, avacado, and garlic cloves in a similar fashion
3.  Throw all that, plus the fresh oregano, in the blender until it reaches desired consistancy
4.  Stir in your salt and pepper
5.  Heat on the stove top in a medium saucepan stirring often (the stirring often is because this stuff pops alot if it heats up too quickly....never really figured out why that is) 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment