Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach Quiche

     Ok, so my picture isn't up to par...but this quiche IS. And its all about that parmesan cheese peeps, so don't skip it because it really does take this dish to the next level! The original recipe (and a true blogger with legit pictures) can be found here. The sun-dried tomatoes were just something I had lying around that I needed to use and they worked perfectly! What don't sun-dried tomatoes work with though? Anyways, enjoy guys!


Ingredients

- 1 tbsp olive oil (or butter)
- 1 small to medium sized onion chopped
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic minced
- roughly 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- salt/pepper to taste


So here's what you're gonna do kids:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Lightly grease baking pan.
  2. In a skillet, heat oil at medium high heat. Throw in your garlic and onions and saute until soft. For a crunchier fresher onion taste you might try skipping this step, or sauteing for less time. I however dislike onions, so this helps make their flavor a little less pungent for me.
  3. Add spinach to skillet. Cover skillet and drop the heat down to medium-low until spinach begins to get floppy and "wilted". 
  4. In a large bowl combine eggs, salt/pepper, crushed red pepper, and Monterey Jack cheese. Mix in your spinach, onions, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic and pour into prepared baking pan. 
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes (you want it to start to brown around the edges and top). Top with parmesan cheese immediately after removing from oven. Let sit for a few minutes - don't and burn the sweet life out of your taste buds like I did - and enjoy! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness my stomach just roared. Looks delicious, I just might try some tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to make this for a cook off at a family friend's birthday party, wish me luck ;)

    ReplyDelete